Friday, June 1, 2012

The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

The Throne of Fire, written by Rick Riordan is a great sequel to the Kane Chronicles. As always, Riordan perfectly mixes ancient mythology with the modern day. Egyptian mythology in this series. It is also fascinating how Riordan breaks down every egyptian god and goddess from their title to their ancient background. The whole book being replayed in a video cassette, Carter and Sadie Kane both embark on a quest to stop the chaos serpent god, Apophis, from consuming the Sun and destroying the earth. Their only slim chance of stopping Apophis is to revive the first king of all gods and the god of the sun, Ra. Even though this is their only chance to save the world, the most powerful magicians are trying to prevent them from reviving Ra for some reason. This book is a book filled with adventure, action, magic, and mythology all perfectly blended. I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoyed the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series because of their similarities and its uniqueness. -Sam Cheng p.7/8

6 comments:

  1. This book seems very unique and interesting. I have read the Percy Jackson Series and I enjoyed it very much. Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors, and his book are always filled with so much action and amazing story plots. I read the first book of this series, The Red Pyramid, and I look foward to reading this book.
    -Adrian Bermudez (Period 3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Percy Jackson series a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but I decided not to continue with this new series for some reason. I think it is interesting that Riordan decided to use Egyptian mythology instead of Greek mythology in this series, and I am definitely going to start this series soon.
    -Nick K. (Per. 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend told me about this series, and how the plot was really good, but I never tried to read it. Is similar to the Percy Jackson series? I really like mythology too, so I should probably read this to learn about Egyptian myths!
    Priyanka Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading the Percy Jackson series, I was hesitant to read these books because I felt it would be too similar. Now after reading the review, the story seems interesting and I think I will add it on to my summer reading list.
    -Matthew Sweet
    Per.7/8

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book. I love books that take the past a put a spin on it to seem like in modern day. It is interesting how the author chose Egyptian Mythology instead of the popular Greek Mythology that has so many books written on.
    George Abdelmalek Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read this book because the same author, Rick Riordan, was my all time favorite childhood author. I am quite interested and amazed how Rick Riordan can create an enticing story with ancient mythology of ancient civilizations.
    -Paul Lee Period 3

    ReplyDelete