Thursday, June 7, 2012

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Eragon by Christopher Paolini is the first book in the inheritance cycle. It starts out in a land called Alagaësia, where an evil Tyrant known as Galbatorix controls the entire empire. Through the lands live Humans, elves, dwarves, Urgals, and many other mysterious creatures. Long ago the lands were kept at peace by dragon riders, those who had a pact with dragons and became bonded together. Eragon is a young boy who lived on a far away town not even on the map, called Carvahall. One day traders come in and he finds a small blue sapphire for sale. He buy the rock, not realizing that it’s actually a dragon egg; until it hatches. Eragon is left to take care of the dragon by himself, until the king became aware of his secret. People were sent to hunt down Eragon and his dragon called Saphira. Together they run away from Carvahall and make way to a group trying to resist Galbatorix. Guided by a mysterious librarian, who knows how to fight and use magic; what will await Eragon on his adventures.  I recommend this book to those who have big imaginations or enjoy fantasy books because it’s a very good book.
Ansuman Das. Per:3.


Eragon by Christopher Paolini is a phenomenal book expressing the importance of friendship. Eragon is a young man who lives on a farm with two lifelong friends. His not so normal life turns even stranger when he finds a sapphire colored stone in the Spine; a dangerous forest where he has hunted for years. After trying to sell and trade the stone to multiple people he decides to keep the stone, and over a period of time find out that the stone is not a stone, but an egg. The egg hatches into a sapphire colored dragon he names Saphira. Together, Eragon and Saphira work together to get back the kingdom of Alagaesia back  from King Galbatorix by following the ways of the ancient Rider’s. – Tyler M (2)

Eragon, a story by Christopher Paolini, follows a farm boy through his journey after discovering a dragon egg in his local forest while hunting. After the egg hatches, he is thrust into a world of mystery, with absolutely no guidance. Leaving his family behind, the boy, Eragon, takes his belongings and leaves with the local storyteller, who seems to know much more than he should. At first, Eragon is confused, and reluctant to do anything. After all, he was just thrown into something he didn't even ask for. Eragon's first months are hard, but through both touching and humorous moments, Paolini builds the relationship between Eragon and his new found friend. Eragon's reluctance starts to fade, and the reader can see Eragon, who used to be a small, unnoticed farm boy become something much greater as he embraces his responsibilities and learns to defend himself and work hard. Through time, Eragon discovers that a great fate awaits him. Well written and captivating, this story follows a young boy from his weakest moments to his strongest revelation that will leave readers hungry for more. I would recommend this story for anyone who is interested in adventure, drama, and action. Any fans of fantasy will not be disappointed, as Eragon fulfills everything a reader could
want, and so much more.

-Priya Bhave (Period 4)

9 comments:

  1. I loved the Inheritance Trilogy (now the Inheritance Cycle). They create the realistic world that fantasy books need. --Aidan Werder 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh so many people like this book. Guess I have to read it. -Hallel Pd. 7/8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Inheritance Cycle! It's amazing and I love Eragon and Saphira. Who's your favorite character? --Monica Srivastava Period 7/8

      Delete
  3. This sounds really cool. I've always loved fantasy stories. I just have one question: Why would Eragon knowingly buy a rock? Was it decoritive? Or did he just want a rock?
    Becky Kowalski~Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the books I really like to try. I have heard of this book from my friends, and many of them liked it. I am going to read it over the summer.

    Jun Sun You (Period: 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For once, I actually always meant to read this book before somebody recommended to me. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to read, or at least read such a long book. This summer may be the time when I finally get the chance.

    -Kevin Gunia, Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually am a not a huge fan of fantasy but this book seems awesome. How could anyone not like dragons? I have tried to read this book but never got the time to. Now though since the summer is coming up I may actually find the time to read this book.
    Tom Berzok Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book was amazing, and I have read it at least two times, as well as the whole series. It is a long but rewarding novel, that takes you on an exciting, dangerous, and magical journey throughout Alagaësia with many unforgettable characters. You will definitely miss the characters by the end of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I remember this book! This used to be my favorite story of all times when I read it in 5th grade. Christopher Paolini's characters seemed to come alive in my mind everywhere I went. I would dream of being a dragon rider and fighting the evil Galbatorix. Sadly, between the time it took the author to release the final novel I had moved on to new waters. Nevertheless, I'm going to find the time to complete my four year journey of The Inheritance.

    ReplyDelete