Monday, June 11, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

In the second book of the Harry Potter series, Harry is warned by a strange house elf named Dobby that bad things will happen to him if he returns to Hogwarts this year.  Thinking nothing of it, Harry completely disregards the warning and he and his best friend Ron Weasley soon learn that they should have listened better to this warning.  When they attempt to go through the pillar between platforms 9 and 10 to reach the Hogwarts express at platform 9 and ¾, they find that they can’t get through and have to illegally fly an invisible car all the way to Hogwarts.  After the school year starts, however, people start being found petrified throughout the school hallways and many frightened students are starting to say that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened again.  Harry, Ron, and their other friend Hermione then start to try and find out what exactly this chamber is and then try to find it.  The rest of the book shows the characters in the book find the Chamber of Secrets and then stop all of the petrifying that has been happening.  This is a science fiction book and it is also part of the Harry Potter franchise.  Be sure to read this book if you love to read science fiction!  Chris R.-(Per. 2)

14 comments:

  1. 6th. Best. Book. Ever.
    -Hallel Pd. 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this book, but I don't really think it's science fiction. Harry Potter is definetely fantasy, but no matter the genre it is still awesome. Have you read the Deathly Hallows? Dobby is probably one of the best characters in the series. He's so loveable and caring!
    -Emily P. Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Emily that Harry Potter is definitely fantasy and not science fiction. Also, I especially loved this book because after reading it, it was the first time I felt genuine concern for characters in a book, and it was after reading this that I realized how much I loved the Harry Potter series as a whole. -Sean O. Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read one of the books (out of order) and I really did like it. I started to read this one, but stopped. I was thinking of continuing to read it over the summer though. I've seen the movies, but I like the way there is more description in the books.
    Becky Kowalski~Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love harry potter. This was my least favorite book of the series, but that doesn't mean much in such a fantastic series. Dobby's a great character, and the whole plot is awesome. ROCK ON ROWLING!
    -Shravan Balaji Per. 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this movie, and I have the book, but suprisingly I've never gotten to read the whole series. I read parts and that's it. After seeing this it makes me want to go read it, and accomplish my goal!
    -Kaitlyn Hill Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite books in the Harry Potter series. I always thought the story about the Deathly Hallows itself was interesting, and this book also introduces one of my favorite reoccurring characters, Dobby!

    -Kevin G. Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read the Harry Potter series over and over again and it never gets old! This is one of my favorite books in the series, but I was never a fan of the movie. And I have to agree with Emily, Harry Potter is much more fantasy than science fiction, yet it's still one of the best book series ever!
    -Zach, P. 4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was my favorite book out of the entire series. It was very suspenseful and interesting.Have you read any of the other books in this series?

    -Ridhima S.
    Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  10. best book ever. if you start reading you will never stop, i finished the whole series in only 45 days because i couldnot put the book down.
    Dina Shenouda, period;2

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a boring book to me. It was because the ending was left more towards the third book. However, the character of Doby is hilarious and he makes this book intriguing.
    Farzam Rahman Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book was boring to me compared to the other books in the series. It started out a little dull, but it gets better near the end. THe books after this one are great though so you should read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book is a little duol compared to the ones in the other series. It still has a lot of mystery though so its a good book to read.

    ANsuman Das per 3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this series and this book in particular. I love how she kindof tricks us until we realize Tome Riddle is actually you know who! (Spoiler)
    -Lior Ben-Zvi Period 3

    ReplyDelete