Friday, June 1, 2012

Primary Colors by Joe Klein

This year, I've been experimenting with different types of literature instead of my usual non-fiction and historical/realistic fiction. My search led me scurrying back to my genres of comfort, where I got to read what was in my opinion the best book I ever read. I recently had the pleasure to read Primary Colors by Joe Klein, which relayed a mocking fictional account of the real life ascension of William Jefferson Clinton to the Presidency. Essentially, an idealistic Washington insider joins the campaign of a southern governor named Jack Stanton, and deals with the realities of a political campaign. He must accept the philandering, schmoozing, and other activities he found immoral. He must eventually choose whether to stay on with this campaign or not. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in political happenings and reality, and general action and drama. Overall, this was an excellent book that all must read if given the chance. Go out and get it now!-Shravan Period 4

No comments:

Post a Comment