Monday, June 4, 2012

Getting It By Alex Sanchez

Being the kind of person I am, I tend to pick the most random books in the library. I had noticed a book with a shirtless boy on and it got my attention, as I picked it up, I read the back and I just couldn’t put the book down. I didn’t argue with the book, I read this book day and night, during school, on the bus. Getting It is about a guy named Carlos, who is a virgin and has never kissed a girl before. He’'s determined to get the popular and hot girl; Roxy Rodriquez, who has no idea who Carlos is. He is determined to get a makeover, after watching a TV Show. But getting a makeover by Sal; a guy everyone thinks is gay, isn’t as easy as it sounds. With his friends, how was Carlos going to be able to get this makeover without them thinking he is gay? After all, he is doing all of this for a GIRL. ~Amanda L. (per. 2)

2 comments:

  1. This books sounds like it would be fun to read! If I were Carlos, I wouldn't care what my friends thought at the moment, but that's always easier said than done. I would love to see how he handles the pressure of impressing a girl as well as his friends.
    -Katie Mackie (Period 3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds hilarious! And I love the reason why you chose the book. I know we aren't meant to judge a book by its cover, but when such an out-there, intriguing cover passes you by (like a shirtless guy), you can't help but read the back. This reminds me of another book, too, but more mature and about a woman, instead. She helps her really good guy friend transform in a gradual makeover, and it changes everything between them. It's an awesome book, you should check it out. It's My Single Friend by Jane Costello.

    -Vanessa Vilas
    period 7/8

    ReplyDelete