Friday, June 1, 2012

The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot

I've recently finished the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot, and I've really enjoyed every book.  My favorite book in the series is Forever Princess, which is the last book.  It left me joyful, yet sad, since it was the final book in this amazing series.  It is about Mia, the princess of Genovia, and her transformation in high school into a real princess.  She begins as an invisible, nerdy freshman girl, who finds out she is a princess, which changes everything.  She goes through a whole journey and an entire transformation in her teenage years.  Forever Princess is about her senior year, and some serious changes she goes through.  I don't want to give away anything more, since it would ruin the plot, but this book was a great ending and closing to a great series.  The Princess Diaries always left me so emotional, whether I was giggly, tearful, or even shocked.  I will admit, I lived vicariously through Mia's amazing journey.  I love realistic fiction with a touch of romance and drama, and The Princess Diaries was exactly what I needed.
I recommend this series to any girl who enjoys romance with some drama and realistic issues teenagers go through.  All the topics are very interesting and relatable.  It's like your favorite chick flick or tv show, but enjoying the fun of reading every bit of detail.  Just check out the first book if you're interested, because you will love the series. -Vanessa Vilas, Period 7/8

2 comments:

  1. This book reminds me of the movies, I always loved watching them over and over again, they were always just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the princess diaries movies and never knew there was a book along with it. This book seems like it will be just as great as the movies and I hope to eventually get to reading it. -Maddy Datkowitz pd 2

    ReplyDelete