Monday, June 4, 2012

Airhead by Meg Cabot

Emerson Watts was just a normal girl who enjoyed playing videogames with her best friend Christopher, and could care less about what others say about her. One day her sister, Frida, drags Em to the grand opening of the new SoHo Stark Megastore. Also going to the mega store are heartthrob singer, Gabriel Luna, and the new face of Stark, and supermodel Nikki Howard. At the Megastore, in the blink of an eye a huge tv hanging above the head of Frida starts to fall. Em, without hesitation, pushes Frida out of the way, being crushed herself. When she awakes she realizes not only that she should have died, but that she is not in her own body. Lastly she realizes that this is no ordinary body. She is in the body of none other than Nikki Howard.
Kristen Dery
Period 12

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds like an interesting concept. I will have to read more about it. Does Em ever find her way back into her own body? It seems so funny that someone who could care less gets this to happen to them.
    Priyanka Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Meg Cabot! I've read so many of her books, like the Princess Diaries. Em sounds really chill and caring, so getting trapped in a body of a supermodel sounds like it would cause issues. She would have to face the pressure of modeling, looking good, and the stress of her job, yet the luxuries of being a supermodel! I'm planning on reading more of Meg Cabot's books, because her style is one of my personal favorites.

    -Vanessa Vilas
    period 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so interesting! I would love for my brain to be transplanted into a supermodel's body, but Em wouldn't care as much. Does she now care about what others think of her since she has a "perfect" body?If so, I bet she has way more pressure to be a certain way than she did before. Also, do people know that she is Em, and no Nikki afterall?
    -Katie Mackie (Period 3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book last year before reading the sequel to it this year, and I agree with Priyanka it is a really interesting concept. This book makes me wonder if this whole brain transplant thing could actually happen to people in real life. I don't know much about the topic so after reading this book I'd like to learn more about it. --Amanda Evans Period 4

    ReplyDelete