Friday, June 1, 2012

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Recently, I have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It's very random and kind of confusing at first, but the comedy of it all more than makes up for that. Arthur Dent begins what would seem like a normal day, but little does he know that the Earth is about to blow up due to aliens creating an intergalactic highway. His friend Ford Prefect tells him at the last minute and they escape aboard the alien ship. Thus, they point their thumbs to the stars begin their wacky adventures throughout the universe. I would recommend this novel (and the rest of the series) to anyone that wants some humor in their life, or if they get tired of reading novels with a clear plot that actually makes sense in the end. ~Sarika Persaud, Period 3

6 comments:

  1. This book seems very interesting and I think I might read it when I finish the books I am reading now. Exploring the universe has an endless possibilities of stories, because we don't know exactly what's in there, so I could infer that any adventures in this book would be as radical as they could and very exciting.
    - Jake Syetta (period 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept of exploring the universe is interesting because it can be interpreted by the author many ways. Aliens can be humanoid, very different, look exactly like humans, or not exist at all. Planets far away from our solar system could be more or less developed than us. The best part of this book, I think, is Adams' style. This actually started off as a radio show that he made into a book.
    - Rachana B. (per. 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book and I really wanted to read it because I like fiction. Also my sister read it and she really enjoyed it and I though I might like it as well. I like the idea of a book that takes place in space/post apocalyptic time. Despite being a long book, I'd want to read it because it looks very interesting to me.
    -Nicole Miletti(period 2)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw part of the movie at one of my friend's houses and it was enticing! It seems like an extensive book though. I was wondering if it also has a similar format as the movie, where they actually show parts of the book that describe a certain aspect that they discover in space. That'd be awesome!

    ~ Vivien Chen (period 4)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie... and I kind of hated it. I hope the book is nothing like the movie, because if it has a similar format, I don't think I would be capable of reading it. I didn't find it all that humorous. The movie did actually start off pretty good though, but then I just lost interest in the plot completely. Hopefully, the book is less like the movie as possible, in case I might want to read it.

    Sairah Varughese (Period 3)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the movie and found it to be quite funny, and started reading the book a few months ago. So far, the book is much better than the movie and I have found both to be quite good.

    Chris Rimanic Period 2

    ReplyDelete