Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus is hands down one of my favorite books, maybe even my favorite. It's such a unique book and I doubt that anyone had ever read anything like it. It's about a circus, a huge, beautiful one, where everything is magical and amazing. The circus operates at night and it comes one night and just disappears the next, it's called Le Cirque des Reves, the Circus of Dreams. The main characters are Celia and Marco. Celia is the daughter of a great magician, Prospero, whose magic she possess. Marco, doesn't posses the magic, he is taught it and they are set up to compete in a "game" until only one is left standing. The location is the circus. Throughout the book you watch Celia and Marco compete against each other, using their imaginations and powers to create new attractions in the circus. You see the planning of the circus and learn about the founders and how it was created. You travel through time to before the circus, after the circus and during it. This book has a great set of characters and is perfect for everyone. There's fantasy, mystery, romance, and even some action.
- Valerie Gorsh p.7/8

4 comments:

  1. This seems like an interesting book. I never heard of a book like it. I really enjoy fantasy books, but this seems like a whole different kind of fantasy I want to try out.
    -Janet Shin Pd. 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book. Weird, but great. I love books that stretch out the readers imagination. I have never really read a "weird" book, but this one sounds great. I would hope to read it during summer.
    George Abdelmalek Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly cannot wait to read this book! It's a much different genre than what I would normally read, but the plot seems too interesting to not read. I'm definitely going to read this sometime soon! -- Sreya A Period 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never read a book about the circuis. i think this one will be fun to read
    Dina Shenouda, period 2

    ReplyDelete