Sunday, June 3, 2012

Haven by Kristi Cook

Haven by Kristi Cook is a fantasy book. It’s about a girl named Violet who has visions. Her visions usually come true. Violet is drawn to a school called Winterhaven School but she doesn’t know why. She then finds out that everyone in school has a psychic gift. She always saw her visions as a curse but now she knows how to control it until a mysterious boy throws her off board. His name is Aiden. They are both strongly attracted to each other. When Violet starts having visions of his death, she will do anything to prevent it.  I recommend this book if you like fantasy. I would recommend it even if you didn’t like fantasy. I honestly don’t like fantasy but this book is worth reading. I enjoyed reading it.

-Selena Hu Period 12

5 comments:

  1. Honestly, I did not think this book was worth it. The characters were completely flat (think "Twilight") and I saw every 'plot twist' coming a mile away. Didn't this author give a talk for the 9th graders at CJHS last year? All the teachers were pushing us to read it.
    -Hallel Pd. 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book. Fantasy and Romance in the same book usually turn out well together. I would definitely consider this book for my summer reading.
    George Abdelmalek Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book reminds me of another book Dead Beautiful By Yvonne Woon. the girl in the book also to a school where she finds a boy the she strangely attached to. When she finds out his destiny, she tries to save his life. This book sounds interesting. Maybe I'll read it.
    - Nardeen H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. I wasn't too interested in the book when I first heard about it. This post got me at least interested to know more about the plot, but Hallel's comment pushes me back again. I love a good fantasy story, but if the plot really is obvious to figure out, it really wouldn't be worth it. I think I'll read a couple pages and see how it is from there. -Phillip Park Period 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to disagree. It was a very good book. I read it in like a day being I just couldn't put the book down. I will have to admit that the plot was a little cliche. It was like a mix of "Harry Potter", "Twillight", and "The Vampire Diaries". I really enjoyed reading it, though, and I can't wait for the second book to come out in August.
    Jennifer Hoffman~P.:4

    ReplyDelete