Sunday, June 3, 2012

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

I first picked up the book Angels and Demons when my friend recommended it to me after he read it. I didn't have very high expectations for this book, but it is actually one of the most thrilling mysteries ever. This book is about Robert Langdon, a Harvard professor, who is told to immediately leave America and go to Vatican City. Researchers at CERN created antimatter and hid it somewhere in Vatican City, hoping that it would kill everyone in the immediate area. It was Robert Langdon's job to find the antimatter and save Vatican City. This book is very enjoyable to read because as Robert Langdon travels around Vatican City, the author, Dan Brown, consistently paints the scene with words. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in reading mysteries. Although the movie that was made based on this book was average, I still recommend everyone who has seen the movie to read the book. The book is always better than the movie! All in all, Angels and Demonsis one of the best mysteries I have ever read. 
-Kevin Chow Period 7/8

7 comments:

  1. Yes i watched the movie on this book. i heard that a key difference was that in the book, the 4th guy actually drowns when in the movie, he was saved. I heard from a lot of my family members that it was a good read too. I bought it and just haven't had time to read it yet. i probably will over the summer though.

    -Frankie Wai p7/8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the movie Angels and Demons a few months ago and absolutely loved it. I never thought to read the book, but I'm definitely going to give it a try now with high expectations.
    -Nick K. (Per. 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angels and Demons is an amazing book! Have you read The DaVinci Code? It has the same characters. I hate how it changed in the movie though.--Monica Srivastava Period 7/8

      Delete
  3. I think I saw the movie a while ago, but from what you said the book sounds very good. Antimatter sounds like something you wouldn't want to play with. I am definitely going to read it.
    Jacob Barry pd 12

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent choice, both as a book and a movie. The whole idea is so fascinating, from the science to the religion. Religion and science have a complicated relationship, and Dan Brown portrays it realistically, despite some dramatization.
    -Shravan (Period 4)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister read this book and she was in love with it. I've been planning to read this book but never got a chance to. Hopefully I'll be able to read this book this summer

    Selena Hu Period 12

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read this book and can personally say that it is one of my favorites. Dan Brown writes so well that one believes that what he says actually did happen! The plot was fast paced and it was a book that I could never put down. The movie decent, some things could of been done better but having Tom Hanks star as the main character really saved it.

    ReplyDelete