Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hero by Mike Lupica

A book that really caught my interest was the book Hero by Mike Lupica. Its about a 14 year old boy named Billy Harriman. Basically he's your ordinary student who goes to school. Although his father is the one who is looked at as extraordinarily different. It is one normal day and his father is out on a mission somewhere out of the U.S. Until on his way home on his private jet with his captured target, his jet is shot down and lands somewhere in the U.S. It turns out Billy Harriman's father had been a extraordinary hero with unnatural powers. Until one day he is given one thing of what his father wanted to cherish with Billy is a coin. What Billy hadn't known one day was that coin had given his father his powers to be a hero. He soon discovers this when hes walking through the park alone with his friend and both of them are mugged for the coin. Until he instantly has a adrenaline rush combined with the power of the coin and fends off the muggers very easily. Throughout the story Billy tries to confront the evil and discover what had happen to his father thus making him the so called hero. I would recommend this book to those who look for a book with action and a good story to follow in a book. ~Steven Baksa (P.12)

5 comments:

  1. This book sounds cool because everyone wishes to have super powers. In our society today super powers don't exist. If I were to choose a super power I think it would be to be able to become invisible that way I can go any where I want without any seeing me. Maybe in the future super powers will be put into humans to help them accomplish everyday tasks.
    Neven Abdo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds interesting. I can't imagine how much life would be different life would be if you woke up and had super powers.
    Jacob Barry pd 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lupica's books are usually sports related, but this seems like a good non-sports read. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed this book, and I hope to read it and enjoy it as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to partake in the same experience you had with it.
    Shravan Balaji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike Lupica has a thing for writing about sons and the relationship they have with their father! I'm not big on stories about powers, but since Lupica also puts some realistic stuff in his writing I might check it out
    Sarah McCaffrey, period 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farzam Rahman, Period 3
    Mike Lupica is an amazing writer. His books of sports are amazing and exceptional. This turn of Billy's story seems like a new turn, and I would love to reed this book. Super power books are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete