Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

The book Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold is about 14 year old Susie who was raped and murdered on the day December 6, 1973 by her neighbor Mr. Harvey. The story is told through Susie, and she explains how she is adjusting to her new home in heaven, a place that is not at all what she expected. Even as she is watching life on Earth continuing on without her. She has to watch her former friends sharing secrets about her death, her killer still lurking around, and her family unraveling. Even though Susie is in heaven, she can send messages through her spirit to help her family find the killer. I recommend this book for people who are intro myteries and a little bit of a thriller.
Angela L. (per. 2)

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool, yet creepy book. I wonder how hard it was for the author to write this book? It defiantly sounds like a book I would enjoy. I can't wait to read it!
    -Kersyn Wood
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the movie that was made based on this book. I thought the movie was good and I wanted to read the book but I never got the chance. I really like mysterious books so I will consider reading this over the summer for sure!
    -Kaitlin Colaiuti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the movie but haven't read the book either, and it's one of my reading goals to get a chance to read this book. I feel like thriller and ghosts are the perfect combination for readers who enjoy these kinds of books.
    -Yuliya Hapiak (period 4)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched this movie and it was really creepy! I feel like the book might go more in to details about what exactly happened and could be more interesting than the movie itself. This book seems creepy but interesting at the same time. -Maddy Datkowitz period 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. The movie of this book was so good and I wanted to read the book. I have heard really good things about it and it sounds like a great read.
    Jamie G. (Period 3)

    ReplyDelete