Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four is about an alien war.  But this war is different this one isn't like any other you see in the movies.  As of having an alien race that look all weird and slimy the Lorics look like humans but they have super powers.  This alien war is between two different alien races, the Mogadorians and the Lorics.  The war took place on the planet of Lorien,  the Mogadorians came in and massacred all of the Loric all but eighteen.  These few were sent on a space ship to earth, so their race may still prosper and deystroy the Mogadorians.  As they were flying to Earth a spell was made so nine of the eighteen could only be killed in numeric order.  These nine were special they have powers these are called Garde and the other nine are powerless but act as guardians are called Cepan.  The main character is number four his name now is John Smith.  He has just moved again because the Mogadorians have killed number three.  He moves to Paradise, Ohio a small town where the school jock Mark is practically the king of town.  As John is trying to fit in he becomes enemies with Mark.  As John get comfortable John slips up a lot which means trouble.  This is a great book for readers who like any type of genre from sci- fi to romance.  It is action packed and not completely sci- fi it seems like a normal town just with a different.  The relationship between John and Sarah is very odd they are on and off.  This book would be enjoyable to anybody.  
- Abanoub G period 2

The book I Am Number Four is about two aliens trying to live on Earth. Their planet was destroyed and the people who destroyed their planet is now hunting them down. There are nine total aliens and the first three are dead. The aliens can not die out of order, due to a spell, so number 4, the main character is next. The book has a lot of action and drama. It is a very good book, and is even a major motion picture. Fans of the Hunger Games would really enjoy this book.

-Seth D'Ver

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. I like science fiction books so This seems like something I would read.

    Ansuman DAs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book within 2 days and didnt put it down! i am currently reading the sequel to this book "the power of six" and am still so interested in the plot. This is very well written and i can't think of anything i disliked about it.
    ~Samantha Lobasso period 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That sounds really intense. Is this book more about his trying to fit in, or just his escaping the Mogadorians? And are only nine of them with the superpowers? Do the other nine just have nothing?
    Priyanka Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book a long time ago but I still remember the entire book! I read it right after I finished the Hunger Games trilogy because I asked my sister to tell me a book that was similar to it. I would definitely recommend it to a person who enjoys a book that is action packed and has an abundance of aliens with crazy types of powers.

    -Esther Youn, Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd really like to read how John Smith handles these problems! The world of the Mogadorians and the Lorics sounds really interesting and it would be nice to learn more about them. -Tiffany Fong period 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds like it would be interesting. It sounds like it might be hard for John to fit in, as he has already messed up once. I wonder how John is going to cover up for that.

    -Akaash Duppatla Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book not too long ago and I loved it. I'd love to able to read the second book, "The Power of Six". - Danielle Keating; Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently read this book and watched the movie, but they are totally different. I really enjoyed the plot and character development in the book that was unfortunately lacking from the movie. Johns character in the book, although very different from us, was actually really relatable because of his close age and similar internal problems as us.

    -Dylan Serra, period 4

    ReplyDelete
  9. This books sounds interesting and I like the fact that people were not able to put it down. Sci-fi books are sometimes to futuristic and far fetched, but it sounds like this book is weird and interesting at the same time. This is definitely on my list of books to read.
    -Nick K. (Per. 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have watched the movie, but I didn't like it because it didn't really explain much, in my opinion. I think I will check this book out because it seems to explain more than the movie did. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up liking the book
    -Minhyuk K. (Per 4)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seems like a very interesting book! I watched the movie and really enjoyed it but didn't get the full backstory on the aliens. Even after reading this short review I learned more about who the aliens are than I did in the movie. I'm sure that the book will be even more descriptive and informing. I'm definitely interested in reading this!
    -Carly Torrado (Period 4)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wanted to read the book but, I made an assumption that this was a normal alien movie plot but it is anything but that. This book seems thrilling, interesting , action packed and much more.
    Dhiraj Peddu(period 4)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this book last year and I loved it! It was a great book, even though I wasn't into science fiction, but it was really interesting throughout the whole book.
    Jamie G (Period 3)

    ReplyDelete