Thursday, May 31, 2012

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Ember Miller lives in a futuristic society oppressed by the intense rules mandated by the new government, The Federal Bureau of Reformation. Citizens who violate Articles enforced by the FBR, the Moral Militia as Ember would say are put into custody of the state and tried. Ember's usually calm yet poor life gets turned around when her cantankerous mother is taken into custody for violation of Moral Statute Article 5. What makes the day even worse is that the official who violently arrests Ember's dear mother is her old best friend and first love Chase. After the arrest, Ember is taken to an all girls temporary correctional facility meant to control "girls like her." The facility becomes only a painful and treacherous obstacle in Ember's bumpy quest towards her mother. Take the journey along with Ember as she discovers the corruption, hatred, brutality, and desperation of the FBR as she tries to save her mother in these chaotic times. I recommend Article 5 to readers of The Hunger Games due to it's intensity, suspense, and touch of love.

Ryan Josephson Period 7/8

6 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting and fun to read. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series, so i think this book would be a perfect book for me to read. Good Choice!

    Dylan Serra- Period 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should check it out if you loved The Hunger Games. Maybe it could be your summer reading book, Have fun! --Ryan J 7/8

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting, and very similar to The Hunger Games. This is definitely a book I would be interested in since I enjoy sci-fi books, and since I enjoyed The Hunger Games.
    -Nick K. (Per. 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely like this book if it shares a connection with the Hunger Games. This is true because I really do enjoy action/adventure books that take place in futuristic settings.
    -Matthew Sweet
    Per.7/8

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems interesting! I wasn't really a fan of The Hunger Games, but I still want to check this book out. I can't believe that her old friend would take her mother away! Hopefully she ends up saving her. Kristen Connolly (period 3)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how this is similar to The Hunger Games which I really enjoyed. I am planning to read this soon since I like books that take places in the future.

    Jun Sun You - Period: 7/8

    ReplyDelete