Monday, May 21, 2012

The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

The Future of Us is written by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. This book takes place during 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors and friends all their lives, but last November things changed and it got akward. When Emma gets a new computer, Josh gets an America Online CD-ROM and brings it to Emma's house so she could put it on her computer. When Emma installs it, Josh and Emma are already logged onto Facebook, except Facebook isn't invented yet. When they look on their profile they can see their whole life, their husband/wife, jobs, homes, and their status'. Also, eveytime they refresh their pages their future changes. Josh and Emma must deal with the ups and downs their lives hold.  Josh and Emma must confront what they are doing right and wrong currently. Jackie Period 2

9 comments:

  1. Another book I meant to read but never did! The plot seems really interesting. Jackie, if you see this, why would you recommend it?
    -Hallel pd. 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems so cool. I love books with mysteries that need solving, especially ones that seem impossible to conclude. I'm gonna read this when I finish my currents books.
    ~Samantha Lobasso

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read another book by Jay Asher before and it was really great. The idea of knowing what lies ahead for you is fascinating! I would love to find out how Josh and Emma deal with these problems. -Tiffany Fong period 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds really interesting, i would definitely want to read this, it sounds like a really good book. jay asher is an amazing author, so why not read another book of his -Amanda Lou pd 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing and just like everybody else, I loved Thirteen Reasons Why, so i'm sure i'll love this one too.Mary Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that glancing into their future will make them completely alter the way that they are presently living. It's easy to live a certain way until you see the direct consequences before your eyes. Sean O'Sullivan Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds awesome! I would love to see what my future would be. I would also be worried because anything I do now can change my future and I would know it, but still, then I would be able to change it before it happens! This sounds like a great book and I would love to read it sometime.
    -Kersyn Wood
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book was fantastic! I could only imagine what my past self would say if I saw my current profile page. I'd probably be too nervous to do anything about it.
    -Emily P.
    Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not imagine already knowing my future now! Josh and Emma must have been so confused when they logged onto their computer and saw Facebook. This book seems like it'd be really interesting to read! I'd definitely like to see their reactions to themselves in the future. Kristen Connolly (period 3)

    ReplyDelete