Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Devil's Breath by David Gilman

This novel by David Gilman is a very interesting mysterious and adventure novel. It was the second book I read this year, during the second quarter, and yet I still can remember the story very well. It involves a fifteen year-old named Max Gordon, whose father has disappeared. By the help of his friend Sayid Khailf, and two people who he meets on the way, Kallie, who he eventually falls in love with, and !Koga, a bushman (whose name is awesome since it has an exclamation point which means that it makes a click noise!), he will attempt to find him. However, he encounters many obstacles on the way, such as a man who tries to kill him in the beginning of the book, suspicions about his teacher Mr. Peterson, and a powerful villain named Shaka Chang. Anyway, if you love mystery, suspense, and adventure novels, this book is a must-read for you. Also, if you want to try out a new genre or something you have never read before, and want to shock your mind, this is a great book to start with. Even if you are bored, or don't have any books to read over the summer, this book would be a good choice. I enjoyed it, and I highly recommend it, hoping that you will enjoy it too!

David Arida ~ Period 7/8

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds so interesting. I've never seen a name written with an exclamation point before it. I love mystery and this book seems like a lot of suspense. I hope this book has a happy ending and Max ends up finding his father. What makes Mr. Peterson so suspicious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the names seem really cool! This book sounds like the TV show Missing, except a teenager is looking for his parents instead of the mother looking for her son. I'd think this book would have a lot of action. -Tiffany Fong period 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover and the assassin part reminds me of the Alex Rider series. It was pretty interesting and this book sounds awesome. Adventure is my favorite genre of books to read because of all the action. This book really got my attention now. Don't fail me David haha. -Phillip Park Period 7/8

    ReplyDelete